Sunday, August 3, 2008

My First Job.........

My first job was with TeleTech Lipa, i was referred by one of my friend. Actually its not my first job. before TeleTech I used to be a outbound call center agent for a telemarketing company. I left the company after a month of employment to transfer to Lipa, I was hired a Technical Support Representative for a UK base ISP. I was hired July 27, 2006 but the training started August 5. A week of ACE training. ACE stands for Accent and Conversational English, Its just like going back to English 101. But it was fun. having teammates that are funny. We are the first wave for the Lipa site. So much pressure are given to us. Since we are the pioneering team. we need to make sure that we will perform well. The training was with Gemma Pascual an ACE trainer from TeleTech Cainta. A week after it was Dan who took over. Hes a Product trainer from Nova. He came from Verizon Online before he transferred to BSky Broadband. The training was tollgate, meaning we need to pass the training. Training days was very hard, lots of technical stuff. The training lasted for 1 month, 1 week for ACE and 3 weeks for product. We used this term when we were in training peteks mode, because we are not doing anything during training. Actually we are discussing things, but we are not listening. We hit the production floor with very limited information about the product. The first call was answered by Sheena, one of my wave mates but from a different class. My first was a disaster, I don't know what to do and I don't know how to use the system. We are using a Citrix environment tool, its a java application. Even its hard to explain things and to elaborate thing for the customer, I am trying my best to deliver excellent service. But this job is way way better from my previous work, you're not the one who's the customer, customer are calling to ask for assistance. I had so many funny experiences talking to Britons, sometime I forgot that I am talking to a British, sometimes I am using vernacular to explain things. I was in night shift for the whole 2 years that I am working for TeleTech, the reason for that is because Philippines is 8 hours advance from UK. Things are really good. The account is ramping and growing. But I need to move on. I need to grow I need to fine myself, I need to know my limitation, I need to know how to live out of my comfort zone.

No comments: