Thursday, July 31, 2008

College Days.....

It was the month of June when I went to college. It was not the type school that i want to study at, but i have no choice. But mom already decided. My first choice was La Salle Lipa, but the thing is its too expensive for my parents, my mom is just a teacher and my dad is only driving our tricycle. Then another choice was Saint Bridget in Batangas City. Its a girls school but they are already accepting boys. Ive already call them and scheduled a my entrance test, but i didn't come . Because I forgot that it was my exam date, Funny,right?. Ive tried to to enroll for different scholarship but I didn't make it. Then one day, this school went to our school and conduct some career guidance session, the name of the school s DualTech Center. Never heard, right? Its a technical school in Laguna, run by a religions organization and a German company. The school curriculum was a bit different from what other school offers. The curriculum is Dual System. My course was Electromechanics Technology. A 2 year course, a combination of mechanical and electronic technology. The thing is, the curriculum is called Dual System for some reasons. After six months of in-house training, you will undergo in-plant training for 18 months. You will be train in a company then once or twice a week you will need to go to the school for your class. In-plant training is graded. But the good thing was we are getting honorarium. From my company which is Matsushita Manufacturing Company, The are giving out 6 thousand pesos per student but we are not getting it all, 60% of that will go to the school to subsidize our tuition fee, and 40 of which is for us. We are getting overtime pays as well. if we exceeded 8 hours shift, it will be charges as OT. sometime the company will require us to do OT on a daily bases. And we will get that OT pay every 15th and 30th.The whole experience was fun, exciting and very tiring coz sometime we will start working from 6 am in the morning and we will finished at 10 in the evening and I am not renting a room or house. i still live with my parents back in Lipa. So everyday I need to travel from Lipa to Sta Rosa, very expensive and tiring. I need to wake up around 3 in the morning just to prepare myself and my thing. I was very determined to finished it. Even I am tired and exhausted I will still wake up 3 in the morning and go to bed at 12 midnight, because I know everything will pay off. My goal is to finished my study and to help my parents.


But everything went well...............


No comments: