Monday, August 4, 2008

Tambay Mode.......

It been a 2 weeks since I got my laptop. It very cute, small and easy to use. Its an Asus Brand, am not going to tell what model...hehehe. But over all I will rate it as very good. It has a built in LAN and Built in Wireless card, so it really fits my lifestyle being an internet savvy. Having a built in WiFi really help since most of the coffee shops around the metro has WiFi. My first WiFi connection was at the office. One of my officemate was using her laptop at the office. I dont know how she can connect, I ask her the network,m but shes not telling it to me(this is before I got my laptop). But what I have discover was the network security is disable,hehehe.. so anyone that has a device that is WiFi capable can connect to the network. I am connecting at the lobby, the the lounge at my work station. Second attempt was at Starbucks People Support Branch, the bad thing was I need to pay for the WiFi connection, Its 100 pesos per hour, but its OK. it was very fast. But still the thought that I need to pay 100 box for an hour connection really freaks me out,hehehe. Third attempt was at Figaro Rockwell. Rockwell has there on WiFi server and its powered by Wigo. You can check them through this site www.wigo.ph, but the bad thing again is I need to download a toolbar for the connection to work. another bad thing is I am using a Linux OS and the only compatible OS was MAC and windows....WTF...hehehe., but i manage to connect to one of the wireless network around,( whats the purpose of my being an ISP tech support if I dont know how to connect my own laptop wirelessly). I was there for 5 to 6 hours, just surfing and chatting with friends the whole 6 hours... Lastly my new tambayan after shift after shit Krispy Kremes Ayala Branch. The wifi connection is free, but the SS id or the wireless name is lock, but they will provide with the network password....


Still enjoying my laptop.....

No comments: